Friday, October 3, 2008

My sweet Alli

 

This blog is dedicated to my sweet friend, Alli Aman.

 

I had the pleasure of meeting Miss. Alli during our Sophomore year at Baylor in Betsy Willis’ accounting class. We became study buddies with Natalie Todd and even Marci sometimes, too! Alli and I remained friends through the rest of our time at Baylor, but it wasn’t until our victory lap that we became close friends. We pretty much hung out every day (Alli, Jaran, and myself).

 

It was October of 2004 that we trekked up to Dallas for Alli’s birthday. We had dinner at Chuy’s, got ready at Teresa’s house, and headed out to Pete’s Piano Bar for some birthday fun. Alli decided to invite some of her Baylor friends that graduated on time and were already living in Dallas. One of those folks was Travis Riley. It was that night I met Travis. We hit it off, but he didn’t call me until a year later and we now know the rest is history.

 

So, with Alli’s birthday coming up here in a few weeks, I felt that it would be appropriate to make a blog just for her!

 

Alli is now living in Denver doing her sales thing, living in a house she BOUGHT and sharing it with a couple of roommates and her precious basset hound, Zoey. I have yet to visit Alli in Denver, but Travis and I are planning a trip for February to see the place and go skiing! I cannot wait! Alli is a wonderful friend. I’ll admit we have a hard time reaching each other on the phone due to the different time zones, but when we do catch up it’s as if time hasn’t passed!

 

I get to see Alli next weekend in Houston as she goes home to visit her parents and as I go down for a visit as well.

 

Alli, thanks for being such a wonderful friend. I am so thankful to have you in my life! I can’t imagine going thru our ‘senior’ year without you!!!

 

 

No comments: