Monday, October 6, 2008

Christmas in Cowtown

Over the weekend my mom and I went to Christmas in Cowtown which is put on by the Junior League of Fort Worth. It’s basically an indoor market with hundreds of booths ranging  from children’s clothing, jewelry, clothes, food, washers, toys for kids, pet accessories, Christmas ornaments, etc. Mom and I had never been able to attend before, but I think it will now be a yearly trip. We got some great finds. I got the cutest jacket. It is brown and white cow/zebra print knee length with red buttons. It really is precious. I wish I had a picture, but I can’t find one online. I bought a birthday outfit for Karlie Davis. She’ll be turning one in December. We share Christmas birthdays! We also bought some jewelry, home accessories, and some food for Christmas gifts!

 

After finding the cute jacket for me, I needed red shoes. I got the most precious red patent leather flats. They are in the above picture.

 

Friday night we went and saw Nights in Rodanthe. I had read the book by Nicholas Sparks and it was fabulous. I just love the way he writes, but the movie just didn’t capture the story line as well as the book, nor did it really follow the book. I hate it when they stray away from the book!!!

 

Another movie coming soon to a theater near you is: Marley and Me. If you have not read the book, go get it today! It is such a great book and it just makes me want more dogs! I hope the movie is as good as the book, but after seeing Nights in Rodanthe, I won’t hold too high of expectations for this movie.

 

The bears were not able to pull out the W against the Sooners, but at least we were able to score AND we scored more points than TCU did against OU last weekend.

 

I hope everybody has a great week!