Saturday, October 11, 2008

91 years

Late last night I got the news that my GDad(my moms dad) passed away
and went home to see Jesus and be reunited with the live of his life,
Gram.

GDad was an amazing man. He lived through the Great Depression,
graduated from Baylor and went on to get his MBA too. That was pretty
unheard of back in his time. He was married to Gram for 60 years
before cancer claimed her life. They had 3 kids and lived most of
their married life in Arizona. They moved to Waco when I was 6. My
brother and I were so fortunate to grow up so close to them. We went
on a lot of fun road trips with them, Gram taught me to cook and sew,
use the computer, taught Trent to do woodworking, etc.

He passed away suddenly, but he told my mom he was ready to "go home." He was always telling some joke or learning some new trick on his computer. He and Gram each had their own computer and would play solitare everyday against each other. He's probably the only 92 year old that used email, and new how to order things off the internet. GDad loved making birthday cards on his computer. He would make them for everybody in his building and for all of our family members.

We will miss him dearly, but know that he is in a better place.

I love you GDad!!!

Visitation will be Monday 6-8pm and the service Tuesday at 1:30 at Wilkerson-Hatch Bailey Funeral home in Waco.

Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

The Bird Family said...

So sorry Natalie!! I know how close ya'll were :(

Kyle and Marci said...

You're in my prayers girl. Hang in there.