Monday, June 2, 2008

Weekend "wrap"-up

Greetings friends-




Pardon me for our blogging absence, but there has not been much going on at the Riley house. It has been very nice to have a few weekends in town with no big plans. However, it looks like after a month break our busy weekends are back, and we are excited.




Here's a little re-cap of our weekend:




Friday: I went to see one of the most highly anticipated movies of the year: Sex and They City with 7 other girls. It was a FABULOUS movie and well worth the $8.50 movie ticket price. To complete my SATC DVD collection, I'll even buy the movie when it comes out. This was quite possibly one of the greatest chick-flicks of all time (in my opinion).




Saturday: We had the privilege of going to the Ranger's game with James and Tara (the newly engaged couple I previously blogged about). We had such a fun time. Tara and I talked about weddings meanwhile James and Travis were in to the game, which the Rangers won! There was even a fireworks show after the game. Once the game was over, we ate dinner with the engaged couple at Joe's Crab Shack and continued our fun evening. It was sad to say goodbye since they live 3 hours away, but it was fun getting to see them. By the way, Tara's engagement ring is beautiful. I wish i had a picture, but James did an incredible job. We cannot wait for their big day!!!




Sunday: My parents joined us along with Trent and Kourtny for church and lunch to celebrate Kourtny's 27th birthday! After lunch we headed over to Top Golf to hit some golf balls at the amazing driving range. I hit a ball 191 yards!!! It's fun golfing with my brother (who is a high school golf coach), he gives great pointers. After the driving range, we wanted to have some more fun so Travis and I played 2 rounds of putt-putt with Trent and Kourt. It was a long day, that we topped off with snow cones and watching National Treasure 2, but a great day with the family.




That's about it for the Riley household...We are going to Llano this coming weekend and cannot wait to go back to the ranch! I can't believe it's already been a year since we got engaged there...




At the end of June we are having a BBQ and washers tournament at our house, so if you are in the area and want to see our place...mark your calendar for June 21st

3 comments:

Kyle and Marci said...

Hey girl! Yes, Kyle was called to Minneapolis to work a hail storm. I'll be flying home on Sunday though. Kyle and I saw SATC this past weekend. I loved it!

Kyle and Marci said...

I meant to tell you that we will be home the weekend of the 27th. We'll be on vacation that week, but we'll be back on the 27th. Please do call me. I would love to see you.

The Bird Family said...

Hey there! I got your comment - I would love for you to come see us but my sister is graduating that day...we have family in town that we are going to visit...After Thursday, we are pretty open - is there another time you can visit??