Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Lamb Fries


So, after church on Sunday Travis and I drove up the road to Tioga, Texas (home of Gene Autry) to dine at a wonderful hole-in-the-wall bbq joint called Clark's Outpost BBQ.


Travis ordered lamb fries. For those that don't know what lamb fries are they are testicles from a lamb. Travis ate fried testicles...an entire plate of them! They served them with a side of cream gravy and red sauce. Travis preferred the red sauce over the gravy, meanwhile I was disgusted at the sight of the little creatures. I cut one open with my fork to see what the inside looked like and it looks like chicken. Travis said it tastes like chicken, but I have hard time believing that tasted like the wonderful meat we call chicken...

Please note the menu also listed these nasty creatures as a 'delicacy'...sick...Has anybody else ever tried lamb fries or rocky mountain oysters (cow testicles)?

However, I will say that Clark's has some amazing bbq and it really is a cute little place...just why would anybody want to eat that?

Also, thanks to Ryan for teaching me to get pictures to go where I want them! You're the best.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad you figured out the photos!

I agree, that is disgusting. I don't think it would matter to me how good they taste, I could not get over the thought of what I was eating. Ew, I just gagged a little.

Jenny M said...

Hey Nat! I came across your cute little blog on MySpace. Congrats on getting married! So funny you guys went to Clarks... I grew up on Clarks b/c it was near our lake house. Oh my gosh it is so good!! I might need to go on a road trip! No lamb nuts for me though!

The Bass Family said...

YAY! You have a blog! You are now on my list of fav blogs on my blog profile! WE miss you guys! LOVE!!