Monday, August 3, 2009

Keeping the Cows in and Fun with the Mower





Due to our escaping cows, we had to devise a way to block any access down the creek that runs through our property. It's amazing that Travis has had this place for 4 years and we've never had an animal escape, nor did the folks before us think of making a water crossing for the creek. Oh well, at least I have an amazingly creative and skilled hubs to build a device to keep our funny farm intact.
This is the crossing that blocks the creek on the north side of our property

This portion of the crossing blocks off the south side of the creek

And while Travis worked hard on the water crossings, I mowed for 2.5 hours, but I decided to get a little creative at the end and this is what I came up with:

It's hard to tell what this is, but I mowed an 'R' into the pasture. I think it's cute, but Travis wasn't sold on the idea. I like the idea of a monogrammed pasture, don't you?

2 comments:

Rachel and Matt said...

I love the monogrammed field idea! What do your next few weeks look like? We will be in San Antonio this weekend but would love to get together soon.

Austin and Ashley Evans said...

The Alfords were at my house this past week when I read your comment - they love your family! Such a small world!