Monday, May 4, 2009

Abbie's wedding shower cake

This past weekend I had the privilege of going to Waco to co-host a shower for one of my best friends, Miss. Abbie Cooper. She is the bride elect of Mr. Chris Rusek of Waco, Texas. These two met in the summer of 2003 when they were both working for George’s restaurant. They did not start dating until 2006. They are a wonderful couple and I could not be happier for the soon to be Rusek’s.

 

I find it amazing that 4 girls planned a shower without one phone conversation. The entire planning process was done via email since none of us live in the same town. The shower was a hit. The food was amazing, the flowers were perfect, and the cake was divine.

 

I mentioned to one of my co-workers that one of my responsibilities for the shower was to supply the sweets. She mentioned that she knows a young lady who bakes cakes. I contacted Ashleigh and she agreed to make a cake for me. The only requests I had were that it was a white cake with vanilla flavored icing, using the colors blue and brown to coordinate with the shower theme, and nothing too girly. The outcome was amazing! I cannot believe Ashleigh is just 23 years old and bakes these cakes out of her kitchen. The taste was just as amazing as it looks. The fondant is hand made, as well as the buttercream icing and the cake itself! It was a de-lish!

 

If any of y’all need a cake and live in the DFW area, I have a great recommendation for you, Ashleigh Foster. You can see more of her work at: www.myspace.com/sweetsomethingsbyashleigh

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

Kensie said...

That cake is GORGEOUS! Thanks for the link!