Monday, May 4, 2009

Finding a church home

I moved to Dallas in the spring of 2005 and at that time I was working for a great little brokerage firm in Richardson. My boss and his wife were very active members of a church there called The Heights Baptist Church. Out of respect  for my boss and wanting to earn a few brownie points, I attended church one Sunday. I was hooked. I was in love. The members were very friendly, the music was great, and the pastor and sermon were incredible. I immediately wanted more. I started going every Sunday I could. Then Travis walks in to my life and decides to change things up. The problem with going to The Heights didn’t start when we were dating because he would come pick me up Sunday mornings and we would drive the 10 miles to church. I knew things would change when we got married. The church was now going to be over 30 miles away and I knew that would be too far to drive on Sunday, especially when I’m driving close to 100 miles a day to get to work.

 

After the wedding the search to find a church close to our home began. Let me tell you that it has not been easy. Not one bit! We have been to almost every church in the Aubrey, Frisco, Denton, and Plano area and we do not feel led to call any of those ‘home’. It is taxing and frustrating at the same time. We compare each church to The Heights and frankly nobody is matching up. Nobody! We’ve tried mega churches, medium churches, small churches, and even cowboy churches! I know the Lord has the right church out there for us, but I hope that he leads us to one soon. We are both so ready to find a place to call ‘home’ and get settled in a Sunday School class and make new friends!

 

I just ask that you fellow blog readers pray that the Lord will continue to open our eyes and hearts to finding a new church home, and direct us in the path that He would like us to follow.

1 comment:

Kacey said...

I know how you feel. We are moving to Waco this summer and r going to miss our church here so bad. I know I could go to where I grew up, but now we need "Our" church. My sister is really involved at Watermark and loves it. I know it's a mega, but they have a great young married group.