Thursday, April 30, 2009

Back Door

Picture this:
 
Coming home near dusk in the midst of a torrential downpour with the brightest lightining and loudest thunder you've ever seen. Now add in an attempt to feed 8 very hungry animals. This means I have to round up 4 wet and soggy horses and go to the dog pen to feed the precious canines. With that said, I put my boots on grabbed an umbrella and scooped up all the feed to pass out to our little animal family and tried to do it as fast as I could. I successfully completed that task without getting too wet or even slipping in the mud.
 
Fast forward to 4:15 this morning when I woke up.
 
 I arose from my deep slumber and opened the bedroom door to get a glass of water and I noticed that our back door was wide OPEN. I mean not just cracked, but open as far as it could go. I immediately looked over to the living room to see if the TV and stereo were there. Check. I then went back to our bedroom to call the hubs (he's out of town) and grab the shot gun. That's right. I grabbed the gun, had Travis on the phone, and was casing the house for intruders. I knew the chances of having a human in our house were very slim since we live in the middle of nowhere and you have to look to find our place. I was more concerned about wild animals wanting to find a nice warm and dry place to spend the night. Travis was laughing at me while I was casing the house, but I wanted to feel safe while I got ready and know that there weren't any new visitors in our house.
 
After casing the house and even standing on the back porch, the house was safe. From what I could tell we did not have any visitors last night.
 
I usually don't get 'scared' when I'm home alone, but boy howdy was my heart racing when I saw that back door wide open!
 
Thankfully the hubs will return home tomorrow, but first I get to go visit him in Waco and see some friends and get my hair done.

3 comments:

Rachel and Matt said...

Wow! No that would scare me also. Glad that there was no new visitors in the house!

Kensie said...

Geez, that would scare me too!! And we don't have a weapon...unless you count the bulldogs! Glad you're safe!!!!

That Pink Girl said...

Scary!