Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Here Comes Santa Claus

I'm a little behind in my blogging, but fret no more because I'm about to blog my little heart out.

A week before Christmas my brother, Trent, and his super fabulous wife, Kourtny, and our precious nephew, Jackson, came to visit us for a weekend! This was there first trip to Boerne and to see our house.

I wasn't so good at capturing any group pictures, but I did fill my quota of nephew pictures. I just can't get enough of Jackson. Did y'all know that he's the world's cutest and smartest little boy? I bet you also didn't realize that he will be 2 in May!!! Where did the time go??

Anyways, we spent the weekend sleeping in, playing with our dogs, meeting friends to see Santa for the 1st time, and seeing Uncle Travis in an awesome Christmas production our church  put on.


Sweet Jackson in his overalls his cool Aunt and Uncle gave him.

Meeting Santa for the 1st time was a little overwhelming for the little man. That's his friend, Jake, that went with us.
 Still hating Santa, but it's too funny not to post.
 Even having dad in his lap isn't helping.
 Sweet Jake riding the reindeer at Bass Pro Shops. Best part: it's FREE!

 Playing on the 4 wheeler was a lot more fun than seeing scary Santa!
Our church put on a fabulous Christmas production that was a drive-thru story telling of Christ's life in 8 different scenes. Each car was given a CD that narrated the story as you drove thru each scene. Travis had the privilege of portraying Jesus (one of 4 for his scene) in scene 6 that showed Jesus being tortured on the way to being crucified. It was a really powerful production that reached over 1700 people in the Boerne community.
Here's a little clip of Travis. He's the one carrying the cross. I know it's hard to see, but tilt your head sideways for a few seconds and you can see my little handsome actor at work :) I am so very proud of him for taking on this role at our new church. He was able to make some new friends and I think he really enjoyed it.

The weekend came to a sad end when Trent, Kourtny, and Jackson had to leave but we had a wonderful visit!

I have zero pictures from Christmas, but we had an awesome time here in Boerne/San Antonio with the Riley clan AND my parents came down, too! It was so fun having both sets of families together on my favorite holiday of the year. We are truly blessed to have such wonderful parents and we all had a great Christmas together!
T and I realized it was our first time since college that we didn't have to pack/travel for a holiday. It was SO nice to stay at home. What a difference it makes!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Jackson is so adorable!!!!