Friday, January 27, 2012

Good Day to Run

2012 is the year of the Olympic games. In London! Since I won't be making the trip across the pond this summer, I attended the US Olympic Marathon Trials in Houston w my friend, Amy.















The top 3 men and women make up the US team. The men averaged a 5:50/mile pace and the women weren't far behind with a 6:20/mile pace. It was SO cool to see these athletes run 26.2 miles to compete for spots on the Olympic team. Just WOW!


The reason I really went to Houston was to cheer on a friend as she ran the Houston Marathon. She was SO sweet to invite me to spend the weekend with her.
The next day I cheered on my aforementioned friend, Amy, as she ran her 9th full marathon! I made some signs and rooted her own as she pounded the pavement for 26.2 miles.

Pre-race pic


I know she wasn't completely impressed with her time, but I am thrilled for her! Anybody that can run 26.2 sweaty miles is awesome in my book. I'm so proud of Amy for the woman that she is and the incredible athlete she has become. Seriously, she trains harder and runs with so much heart that it's inspiring.

Even Big Bird runs marathons. Can you imagine running that far in that suit? I bet he was dying under there!


During some of our down time we partook in some of the fun tents inside Olympic Village.










Don't we look like power lifters?

Fun weekend with a fun friend! Congrats on your 9th race, Amy!

1 comment:

That Pink Girl said...

Ha, ha, I forgot all about the power lifting photos!
Had so much fun hanging out with you! Thank you SO much for being such a great friend to me!!!