Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Part 3- Recap of the trip


Travis and I returned from our ski trip to Winter Park, Colorado today. We had a wonderful time with Alli and a great time skiing.


We were fortunate enough to stay at Alli's family home in Winter Park. This beautiful cabin was built just a few years ago and is only minutes away from the slopes! It is a 3 story, 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath house. Below you will see some pics of the cabin:



Front of Cabin



Living Room


Kitchen


Alli brought her sweet puppy, Zoey, to the cabin with us. Zoey was adopted from the Boulder humane society in December of 2007 and she is just as precious as can be. She is a basset hound mix, so she reminded me a lot of our Redbones(Coon and Parker).





This is a picture of the 3 of us on our first day of skiing at Winter Park. We skiied Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. The weekend crowds were heavy, but we started skiing around 9 each morning and stayed out until 2 each day. Travis and I are both very sore from skiing so much, but it was worth it!



Alli is a GREAT skier. That girl just flies down the mountain and Travis even had a hard time keeping up with her. I didn't even try. You would think I'd be a better skiing since I started at the age of 5, but unfortunately all I really can do is the dredded pizza wedge. I hoped the class I took would be a good refresher for me and provide me with the confidence I need to ski decently, but no such luck for me. I am still HORRIBLE. We plan to return to Winter Park next year and I will be taking a private lesson.


Alli Skiing


Sunday night we went to the Fraser Tubing Hill which is just outside of Winter Park. They have 2 tubing hills that sent us flying down the hill going at least 25mph. When you reach the bottom of the hill you walk over to a lift and they attach your tube to the lift, you sit in the tube and it takes you back to the top. You get to tube for an hour and we had a blast. We decided to take pictures while going down, so you can see the excitement on our faces:


Travis



Alli



Nat


We had a wonderful trip and we cannot wait to do it again! Alli, thank you for being such a great friend to both of us! You were a wonderful host and a fantastic chef!


4 comments:

Kensie said...

This looks like SO much fun...makes me wanna go! Glad you had a great time!!!

That Pink Girl said...

Looks like y'all had a great time!

Austin and Ashley Evans said...

Looks like so much and I LOVE that cabin!! Wishing I was there!

Kyle and Marci said...

So fun!!! Your pictures get me all excited about hitting the slopes!