Friday, February 13, 2009

Interview Me


My sweet friend and co-worker, Julie, has "interviewed" me. If you are wanting to be interviewed just let me know!
 
1.  What is your favorite thing about your iPhone?
 I am going to be truthful and admit I like having access to Facebook during the workday. We have so many websites blocked at work now, it's nice to be able to go where I want to go and see what I want to see...even if it is just reading peoples status updates or looking at who posted on who's wall....it's a guilty pleasure I have. Although, Travis would say it's an addiction to the iPhone and I refuse to admit I have an addiction :)
 
2.  What is your favorite thing to bake?
I love baking Travis his favorite cake: chocolate cake with white icing. His face lights up like a child when I pull the cake out of the oven. However, I really like baking anything sweet that tastes good.
 
3.  What is one of your favorite memories of your grandpa?
One of my favorite memories of GDad is having him take me and my brother, Trent, on road trips around Texas to places he and Gram thought were important for us to visit. We visited Marshall, Texas over Christmas to see their AMAZING Christmas lights display. We also went to Brenham, Texas to the Blue Bell Factory and Washington on the Brazos to get some good Texas history, and many others. When we went I thought they were boring, but over the years I grew to love my time with my grandparents and enjoy those trips we took as kids.
 
4.  How did you and Travis meet & fall in love? (not just "in college" I want the whole story!)
Well, we first met in October of 2004 at Pete's Piano Bar in Addison, TX where I had come with some girl friends from college to celebrate a friends birthday (Alli Aman). Alli had known Travis at Baylor and knew that he had already graduated in May of 2004 and that he was working for Pulte up in Dallas. So, she called him to see if he would want to join us. Well, sure enough a cute red-headed bearded boy walks in and sits at our table. I immediately looked at my friend, Jaran, and said he is CUTE and i was determined to get him to speak to me that night. Turns out he wanted to speak to me too and we talked most of the night until we left. The boy did not ask for my number that night, so I thought that was it.
Fast forward a year later to September of 2005 and Travis asked me to be his friend on the beloved Facebook. He sent me a message asking what I had been up to, where I was working, etc. After a few days of messaging he finally decided to ask me out. Our first date was October 2, 2005 and the rest is history :)
 
5.  Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
In 10 years I would like to see us living on our ranch somewhere in the heart of east Texas (outside of Tyler-Jacksonville area) with more horses and cattle. I would also like to have a couple of kids by then and have gone back to school and have my nursing degree and be falling more in love with my husband and kiddos every day :)
 
To play along:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by sending you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

No comments: