Monday, June 15, 2009

Summer TiMe!

Oh how I love the summer time. I love it for several reasons: it’s light when I leave for work, it’s still light when I come home, perfect pool weather, vacations, getting a summer tan, playing softball, letting the dogs swim in the pond, snow cones, late night Sonic drink runs, etc. I am still a kid at heart, or so I think.

 

This weekend I had the privilege of hanging out with 2 of my favorite gal pals while Travis worked.

 

Saturday I met my friend, Lane, at my parents house in Fort Worth for some pool time. (My rents were in Austin for a weekend golfing excursion and a pit stop in Waco to get mom’s hair done). Lane and I read our magazines, lounged in the pool on rafts and out of water in the chairs. After achieving a nice glow we headed to Sonic for a Happy Hour drink special and then on to DSW for some shoe shopping. I didn’t buy a thing. WOW! I heart shoes and I heart my sweet friend Lane.

 

Sunday our dear friend Meagan (Megs for short) came over. It was so nice to have a visitor that was willing to drive out to the country to see us. Usually we have to drive to see our friends J. We sat on the porch and watched the horses get in and out of the pond. We thought Sloan was going to go swimming at one point, as she was splashing water all over herself. It was really cute. After seeing the horses get in the water, we decided we wanted to swim but there was NO way we were getting anywhere near our nasty pond that has snakes, fish, and beavers in it. GROSS! So, we headed out to Lake Lewisville because they just built a brand new beach entry in Frisco/Little Elm. It was actually really nice. The sand was soft and the water actually had a blue tint and didn’t smell too much like a lake. It was extremely crowded with lots of families with their toddlers. We only lasted for an hour as it was hot and we were ready for dinner. It was a nice afternoon with a wonderful friend.

 

And that’s the story of our weekend. I even have a nice base tan to boot!

2 comments:

Kensie said...

I LOVE summer too....the best part about being a teacher!! Sitting on the porch sounds awesome!!

Jenny M said...

Sounds lovely! I adore sonic happy hour. Whoever came up with that should be made a saint or something! Glad you had a nice weekend!