Monday, January 5, 2009

A Year in review

This past year was definitely a great year for us, but along the road there were some speed bumps that got in the way, yet everything the Lord brought our way just helped us to grow closer together.

Here are some highlights of 2008:

1. THE Wedding. I had the privilege of marrying the love of my life and best friend on 03/15/08

2. We spent an amazing week in St. Lucia for our Honeymoon

3. Celebrated my Grandaddy's 91st birthday at the Lake House in East Texas


4. A week in Gulf Shores, AL at the beach with my parents and Trent and Kourtny.


5. The housing market got the best of Travis, but God quickly opened new doors and we accepted the next challenge life brought us


6. Travis is traveling a lot with his new job, but being away just made our relationship grow stronger each and every day
7. A wonderful family friend gave us a 34 foot 5th wheel trailer that will really aid Travis as he is now on the road a lot.


8. Grandaddy had a fall at his house and was God called him to go home to be re-united with Gram after a wonderful 91 years of life.


9. My best friend from college, Erin Freeman, got engaged to her law school sweet heart, Stephen while on vacation in Napa. She was my maid of honor and I'll be her matron!


10. We had our first Thanksgiving at OUR house while I battled strep throat. Travis cooked his first turkey...successfully


11. Our first Christmas as newlyweds was at the Huey's in Fort Worth. My parents are going through a kitchen remodel, but mom still had some excellent meals for us.


12. Another good friend from Baylor and work, Lindsay DeArmon, got engaged to her man on Christmas Eve


13. And another close gal pal, Miss. Katie Hagemeier, got engaged to her long distance beau, Chad Justice


14. And last but not least, my other best gal pal, Abigail Cooper, ALSO got engaged to her boyfriend on New Years Eve in Waco


After all we have been through it has been an incredible year. God has blessed us beyond our wildest dreams with great friends, family, jobs, home, safety, and our health. I cannot wait to see what 2009 has in store for us.

2 comments:

Kensie said...

Looks like 2008 was an awesome year for you as well....many milestones for us Midway girls, huh??

We work in Euless and live in Carrollton; we'd love to move closer to our jobs but the drive isn't too bad for us!! I love the school schedule!!

Austin and Ashley Evans said...

Sounds like an amazing 2008! I loved your recap of the year!
And thanks for your sweet words! We love you guys! :)