Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas #1

What a busy yet FUN weekend!

 

This past weekend was a jam packed and I’m even a year closer to 30! It started off on Saturday afternoon with attending Austin’s (Travis’ cousin) graduation from the University of North Texas. After his graduation we headed to The Greenhouse Restaurant where we celebrated his commencement by stuffing ourselves full of good food. (By the way, I actually ate fish and it was good!)

 

After spending the afternoon with the Riley extended family, we headed back to our house with Rusty, Judi, and Derek (Trav’s parents and brother) to have our Christmas and celebrate the December birthday’s together. We were so full from our late lunch that we didn’t even eat dinner! Rusty and I are the Christmas babies in the family so we got to open our birthday presents and then it was time to open our Christmas presents with the Riley’s! What a wonderful first Christmas with our family in our little home. It was so wonderful to have the Riley’s be able to come up and spend the weekend with us and get to share our first of 3 Christmas’ together.

 

Sunday morning was race day. What is race day you ask? It is an annual Huey tradition that I started back in 2004. I had this “great” idea that I wanted to run a half marathon, so I found the White Rock Marathon in Dallas and started training. After I started training I asked Trent (my brother) if he would be interested and soon he started training; shortly after I asked my dad if he would be interested in walking the half and he said YES, so then he started training! So, in 2004 3 of the Huey’s ran their first half marathon and it has since become a yearly tradition. Dr. Steve Raley also joins us for race day, but he’s really cool and runs the full 26.2 miles. This year I bowed out and stood on the side lines whilst cheering on my family J With my birthday falling in December and the race always being the 2nd Sunday in December, we usually celebrate my birthday post marathon. After everybody has completed the race, we head over to Campisis’ for some good Italian food and great fellowship and a little bit of birthday jubilee (presents and cake for me J).

 

The picture of the runner in the picture is Dr. Raley about to cross the finish line after completing 26.2 miles. Next year my dad will turn 60 and his goal is to run the full marathon in honor of his big birthday! I know my daddy can do it and I am already so proud of him for completing 5 half marathons.  I will re-enter the half next year and hopefully Travis will, too.

 

Next week we will celebrate Christmas day with my parents in Fort Worth and then for the weekend we will head to Houston for the Riley Family Christmas where over 40 Riley’s will be  gathered for the annual celebration of the Christmas holiday!

 

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

1 comment:

Nicki W. said...

dr. raley is a crazy runner!!! i heard it was really windy that day! that is a fun tradition :)