Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

What an eventful Thanksgiving week this has been!

 

Monday morning I woke up at 1:30am with the worst throat pain I have ever had. It truly felt like I was swallowing razor blades. I made it ¾ of the day at work and came home to try and rest. Tuesday was my day off at work, but when I woke up I was in even more pain so Travis and I headed out to the CVS Minute Clinic. After doing a throat culture, the test came back positive in less than 10 seconds and the results were in… I had a violent case of Strep Throat. I was told not to go to work on Wednesday as I was still contagious. It has literally taken every bit of strength I have to swallow. I don’t ever remember Strep being this painful as a child, hopefully Travis won’t get it, but the doctor did say there is a good chance that he will…

 

I say all of this because we were HOSTING Thanksgiving at our house. I had 7 people to prepare and cook for. Now, who wants to eat some contagious girl’s food? That’s right…nobody, SO my AMAZING husband really stepped in and helped out. He was by my side the entire time as I directed him around the kitchen. He even cooked the entire 23 pound turkey by himself.

 

 

Below you will see a picture of the Pumpkin Dip that I put in a leaf shaped bowl with apples on the outside.

 

 

This picture is a shot from where I was sitting at our table. It’s not the best picture, but I still wasn’t feeling all that well.

 

 

The one positive thing about having Strep the week of Thanksgiving is that I am proud to announce I have lost 4 pounds…that’s right, not one pound gained during this gorging fest! I just hope Travis doesn’t get sick next!!

 

I hope everybody enjoyed their day of Thanksgiving with family and friends you love.

2 comments:

The Bird Family said...

I can never see your pictures!! Is it just me?? I want to see pictures! :)

The Bird Family said...

I hope that you are feeling better and had a wonderful Thanksgiving :)