Monday, November 24, 2008

Girl's Only Weekend

 

This past weekend I got to visit 2 of my closest friends and Baylor roommates, Abbie and Erin. We try and get together at least 2 times a year for some much need girl time. This time was even more special as we got to celebrate Erin and Stephen’s recent engagement! The wedding is planned for September 12, 2009 in San Antonio and I cannot wait. I’ve even been asked to be the Matron of Honor!

 

Abbie and I got in around 11:30 Friday evening and tried so hard to stay awake while Erin was out at a law firm dinner, but we both crashed on the couch.

 

Saturday we spent a majority of the day eating and just relaxing which was so very nice and we all felt so refreshed. We started off the day by eating brunch at Hungry’s Café in Rice Village. It is delicious. Abbie had the croissant French toast that was topped with fresh strawberries and bananas, Erin had the Mediterranean wrap, and I had the Pueblo Chicken wrap.

 

 

Saturday afternoon we went back to Erin’s house and watched The Real Housewives of Orange County and I think we each feel asleep on the couches at some point. After a relaxing afternoon we got all gussied up and went to eat at Lupe Tortilla. Lupe has amazing homemade tortillas both flour and corn and the best beef fajitas I have EVER had.

 

 

They marinate their beef fajitas in lime juice and they are just so tender and oh so good. The 3 of us scarfed down the fajitas for two like they were going out of style…I cannot wait to go back!

 

Apparently we thought it would be a good idea to top off our already stuffed stomachs with TCBY. There is not one near us in Aubrey and the 2 in Waco closed down, so we each got our fix of White Chocolate Mousse frozen yogurt.

 

In all it was a great weekend and I will be working out extra hard this week to work off all the food we consumed. I love spending time with my 2 favorite girls. Our next reunion is going to be in Llano and we are going bring our boys with us!

 

Love you girls!

No comments: