Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tick Tock Ya Don't Stop

Time is moving by SO fast. I kinda wish I could hit the pause button and soak it all in, but it's not an option.

The Sunday before Easter Travis met with our realtor to look at some homes. T fell in love with a house and said I MUST come see it. Since I'm a student I couldn't just take off work and I'm trying to be good, so I didn't just want to skip class. So, after classes Tuesday I packed an overnight bag and drove to SA. We looked at the house that night. I also fell in the lurrrvvee with this place. We submitted an offer that night. I don't think either of us slept too well. We were both too excited.
Wednesday morning, I drove back home. The bidding war began and lasted all day. Thursday morning we both met in the middle and we had a signed contract!

The home inspection is scheduled for today, 04-28, and if all goes well we should be closing by June 3rd.

In the meantime, I have 2 lab tests, 1 microbiology test, and 3 finales to study for. I will also be responsible for packing up the house!

My plan is to focus on school and once that is over I will focus all of my time on packing!

We would love your prayers during this process: that the remainder of the home-buying process goes smoothly and that I can be dedicated to my studies. I'm finding it to be difficult to study with all of the excitement!!

No pics of the house will be posted until everything is finalized. All the i's dotted and t's crossed! After that, I promise lots of before and after shots bc it is in need of some new paint colors! The current owners really like orange. A lot.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Rachel and Matt said...

OMG I am so excited for y'all! You will do great on all your test! Praying for you and Travis!!

kristen said...

Congratulations...praying for a smooth transition!