Saturday, April 16, 2011

Blame It On The Rain


A few nights ago, our area was pounded with golf-ball sized hail and 75 mph winds during the middle of the night.



The transformer blew around 11:15pm and power was not restored until 5:30 the following day.

The storm was terrifying. I thought our house was going to fly away, or the windows would be shattered. I took shelter in Travis' closet with a bottle of water, a flashlight, and my phone. I was trembling and I could feel the tears form in my eyes. The wind was making these whirly noises ( ones you imagine when tornadoes are near by), the hail was pelting the windows and house so hard I was sure they would break or we'd have a leak somewhere.

While I was seeking shelter in the closet, I was on my knees praying for my safety and protection from the elements. I was alone and scared, but immediately felt a sense of peace after praying.

When the storm finally passed, I crawled back into bed and tossed and turned the remainder of the night. Without electricity, it got a little stuffy inside.

Well, the next morning I went out to survey the damage and the only damages I found where a tree that had been blown over into the pond. No harm done. The house, my car, our dogs, and horses were all fine!!! What a wonderful blessing to know Gods protective hand was surrounding me.

However, the subdivision 1 mile up the road from us, wasn't so lucky.

The damage in this hood is extensive. I counted damage on every house on 2 streets I drove. There were several contractors filling the streets, and people are slowly getting back to normal.

I feel so thankful, blessed, and comforted knowing He was watching over me while I was alone in the house. Not sure I could've handled damage by myself. God is good!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Rachel and Matt said...

OMG I so thankful you are ok. I don't know what I would have done in your situation. I hate storms! God is good!