Thursday, February 3, 2011

Rocky Mountain High


Trav and I packed up the truck and drove 12 hours to Winter Park, Colorado the first week of January. We met 3 other couples and stayed at a great house across the sreet from the slopes.

The snow was fresh, fluffy, and not icy which made for PERFECT skiing conditions. If only I was a better skiier. Truth is, I stink. It's a shame I am such a terrible skiier and my parents took us skiing nearly every winter since I was 5. I like to go slow, wedge, and ski greens...nearly flat. I despise big steep hills, because they scare me. My real problem is that I'm afraid of falling and getting hurt, so I figure if I go slow and easy, then I won't fall, right?!?!?

Travis, however prefers to live on the dangerous side and loves any type of thrill seeking adventure. (remember, he rode bulls in college bc it was FUN!). He likes to ski the bowls, do tricks, and even the dreaded, ACL tearing moguls. He will usually ski 1 or 2 runs with me before becoming too bored and then he will venture off to the other side of the mountain and do the 'scary' stuff.

That's why this trip was perfect because we had 8 people skiing ( 9 on one day bc my dear friend Alli came up from Denver one day to ski--with Travis--she's too good to ski with me) and we had a large variety of skiiers.

We capped off our trip with a visit to the Fraser Tubing Hill which is a MUST DO if you are ever in Winter Park during the snowy season. We tubed for an hour and had a blast!

The worst part of the trip was the drive home. It stunk every bit of the way, because we knew as soon as we arrived at our house we had about 6 hours to rest before we had to load up again and head to Houston for the annual Riley extended Family Christmas.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rachel and Matt said...

It looks like yall had a blast! I want to go skiing so bad!