Saturday, August 14, 2010

Fishy Fishy

I have a whole new respect for cake decorators after the challenge I took on earlier today.

I volunteered to make a cake that resembles Nemo for a competition at work. What was I thinking? I love to bake, but decorating is def not my forte nor am I artistic at all.

I found several websites that offered instructions on how to make Nemo and instead I just blew up a picture (as seen in the background) and did my best to copy it.

It doesn't look great but I'm giving myself a B for trying. Decorating cakes takes a lot of patience and time. It took me almost 2 hours to ice that sucker. I worked up a sweat. Now I completely understand why intricate cakes can be so costly. I am worn out but I did have fun!

2 comments:

Kensie said...

You did AWESOME!

Laura said...

natalie, great job!!!!! my decorating a cake is putting on store bought frosting :)