Friday, August 20, 2010

Distance Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

I now realize that statement is true. More. Than. Ever.

Travis has been traveling out of state for work for 8 weeks now and this is the first time that I have seen him. This is the longest that we have been apart, but thanks to email, texting, and cell phones we have found a lot of time to talk and be thankful for each other.

Me and Trav just after he proposed.
I currently have the pleasure of visiting Travis in Chicago for several days. We plan to eat deep dish pizza, go to a Cubbies game, Shed Aquarium, Navy Pier, Millenium Park, Michigan Avenue, and any other touristy thing that we can do.

It definitely hasn't been easy having him away from home, but I am more thankful than ever for a husband who is willing to work in a strange environment so far from home, dealing with difficult people, and rarely take a day off to relax. He is a Saint IMO and I am truly grateful for the sacrifices he is making for us.

I've been in Chicago for less than 24 hours and I've learned this so far: deep dish pizza is amazing and extremely filling. Who knew that one slice could do you in for a day?! Chicago-ans are not near as polite as Texans and have no idea what southern hospitality means. They also do all of their road construction in the summer since it is so cold in the winter so traffic is a nightmare. I miss Texas, but am soaking every single second together with my wonderfully handsome husband!


September 2009 FW Stockyards




Travis- Thanks for 'taking one for the team' and working so hard for us and so far away from home. You are a wonderful husband and I am so extremely thankful for you and all that you do!

1 comment:

Kensie said...

Great pics! The pizza sounds UH-mazing!!!