Wednesday, May 19, 2010

School's out for Summer and updates

My first semester of school is officially over and I passed with flying colors. Go Nat! I will not be taking any classes this summer because they did not coordinate with my work schedule, so I'll return in the fall.

Here's an update of what's been going on:

* I FINALLY got my precious, Barney, back after spending two weeks in the car hospital getting repaired. He's now back and as good as new. I had a brand new GMC Acadia for the rental. It was a great car, but quite costly for that poor kids insusrace: $1,100 for two weeks. OUCH!

* Travis has been super busy with work, but loving every single minute of it.

* My nephew, Jackson, has still not made his apperance into this world, but if he's not here by 05-24-10 the doctor said he negotiate a deal with Kourtny to get him out.

* Travis and I had the Schafer's over to our house last Saturday night for dinner and drinks. We gave them a little tour of Aubrey and capped off the night by playing several rounds of Catch Phrase. The boys think they won, but I don't see how that can be true.

* Sunday night, 05-16-10, I got a phone call from my parents saying that my precious Nana had passed away. She was 92 years old and would have been 93 in September. She was my dad's mom and last living grandparent and we will lay her to rest Friday morning in Waco. This is a sad time, but also happy knowing that she is rejoicing in Heaven with our Father. She was a wonderful grandmother and loved any time she could spend with her grandchildren. (The handsome man on the left in the picture was my sweet Grandaddy-mom's dad- that passed in October of 2008).


3 comments:

Rachel and Matt said...

1. Glad Barney is back , and he looks great!

2. I hope Jackson makes his appearance soon...like before Memorial Day Weekend :)

3. The boys totally cheated!

4. I am sorry about your loss, and I love you to pieces! You are right that she is at HOME with our Father. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Vanessa said...

Nat, I am sorry to hear about your grandmother. May she rest in peace. Congrats on school, getting Barney back and may the newest addition bring much love and joy when he decides to make his entrance. So kids are stubburn and just want to stay put. Brooklyn for example!

Jules said...

I'm so sorry about your Nana. I know you will miss her! I hope you and your family find God's peace and comfort during this time. Love you friend!!!