Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Cha-Cha-Cha-Changes!

That’s right folks, changes are a happenin’ in the Riley household. Hold your horses….no, we are not having any babies.

 

However, I have finally decided to answer a call that I have felt God putting on my heart for quite some time. You see, I love helping people. Always have. Always will. I’ve always wanted to help sick people, but I ended up with a Business degree from Baylor and it didn’t really allow me to do that.

 

As of Tuesday, 01-19-2010, I have started my trek into becoming a NURSE!!! I am taking 2 courses this semester so that I can fulfill my pre-req. requirements and then apply to nursing school. This process will take approximately 2+ years. I will continue working while I take my pre-reqs and then I’ll go to school full time!

 

I can’t even tell you how excited I am that I am finally diving into something that I am so passionate about and know that this is where God wants me. I know I have a long and hard road ahead of me, but I’m truly excited to see what God has planned for us.

 

Say some prayers for me as I dive in to a whole new world…I’ll be doing a complete 180 from financials to biology/anatomy! It’ll be a rough start, but I know I can do it!

5 comments:

Kyle and Marci said...

So excited for you!! You're going to make a wonderful nurse!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Big news! Good luck and I can't wait to read how it goes over the next year or two!

kristen said...

I'm very happy for you and this HUGE decision...good luck!!

Kensie said...

That's awesome! You'll make a great nurse!

Kelly said...

Natalie...YEAH!! You will be a wonderful nurse. Nursing school was one of the best things I ever did!! Where will you be going to school?? It's so great especially when you wanna start a family with kids etc...you can work whatever you want..or stay home.

Seriously it is such a ministry and I love it!! I've been home since the kids are little but I really do look forward to going back. Excited for you!!