Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Art of Exotic Dance

Yes, you read that correctly. I put the words Art, Exotic, and Dance in the same sentence.
 
This past weekend I attended the bachelorette party of one of my closest friends and former college roommates, Abigail 'Abbie' Cooper. We celebrated her last weekend of single-hood in Austin. 10 girls and 1 guy arrived in Austin on Saturday afternoon for an evening o' fun.
 
Our afternoon started with a 90 minute exotic dance class. WOW. I did not realize how much work goes in to dancing exoticly. I mean, I am still sore today and it's Wednesday morning! We learned how to do the walking drag, dancing with a boa, and the most embarassing of all: floorplay. That's right we were crawling across the floor on our hands and knees in a sexual manner. My knees are definitely bruised, but it suer was fun to watch.
 
We ended our  lesson by pairing up and performing dances for Abbie. I paired up with my bestie, Erin, and we did a routine to 4 Minutes by Madonna. It was horrible and I could not keep a straight face during our 'performance'. I concentrated on 'floorplay' while Erin did moves with her pink boa. Hilarious is a good word to describe our actions.
 
At least I can say I tried it and I know I do not have a future in that career. Not that I ever thought I did, but I am definitely a white girl with NO rhythm.
 
Thanks for a great weekend!

3 comments:

Kyle and Marci said...

That looks like it was quite interesting...hope you've recovered :)

Amy Jane said...

What a fun bachelorette party idea!

Rachel and Matt said...

Sounds like you had a great time. What a fun idea :)