Sunday, September 28, 2008

On the road again

I'm writing this post from Houston, Texas. On my drive down I expected to see a lot of storm damage or lots of darkness with electricity being out, but that is not what I have seen. For the most part, electricity has been on in the parts of the city I have traveled. I have seen minimal damage to roofs and lots of fences that are now leaning. Granted, we are staying on the west side of town, so just a little further south and we would see the real devastation Ike left.

It's been busy weekend.

Friday I got an Iphone with some gift cards I had to Best Buy and I love it. I'm still trying to figure out how to use it, but at least I know how to call people. I also got to have lunch with my roommate from freshman year at Baylor, Carrie Olander. I was able to see her precious condo she recently purchased and we ate at a wonderful little cafe, Barnaby's. We had such a great time catching up, I can't wait for future trips to H-town.

Friday night we had dinner with James, Jacob, and Heidi at Texas Roadhouse. It was a wonderful time of fellowship with some of our best friends.

Now Saturday was a different story. One of Travis' best friends from high school, Carrie, was getting married in San Antonio and he was an usher in the wedding. After doing some work Saturday morning, we made the 3 hour drive to San Antonio so Travis could be in the wedding. It was a beautiful wedding with lots of accents of brown and turquoise and a Mexican buffet. We didn't get to stay at the reception long as we had to drive back to Houston. We made it back to Houston around midnight and crashed when we got home.

It's been a weekend full of traveling for the Riley's, and unfortunately it's not going to be slowing down anytime soon! We are still averaging one wedding a month and hunting season is rapidly approaching.

No comments: