Saturday, September 13, 2008

10/40

At first glance you might think I meant to write 10/4, but NO I purposely meant to type 10/40. What is this, you ask? It is possibly the greatest work schedule ever brought to life at my office.

What this means is I work 10 hour days for only 4 days a week. You might think, how can one work a 10 hour day? Well, it's easy when you have a 41 mile drive to work and getting to work at 7 and leaving at 6 takes at least 40 minutes of my commuting time (sitting in traffic). This also means I get 1 day off per week to do whatever I want.

On a typical day off I wake up with Travis and make him breakfast in bed and when he heads off for work I head out to the gym, and run any other errands. It is great to to be able to go to the grocery store in the middle of the week...no crowds, you get in and out in an hour!

This is why I love my employer. This is just one of the many benefits I get at work...some of the other benefits include: on sight dry cleaning, free movie style popcorn on Tuesdays and Thursdays, free frozen yogurt, Sonic style ice in the break room, chapel service on Monday mornings, great insurance, GREAT co-workers, free covered parking( you never walk to a cold, wet, or hot car), and flexible work schedules. Those are just a few of things I love about my job.

I can't wait for my next day off: Tuesday!

No comments: