Monday, August 18, 2008

We're Back!!!

Hello my blogging friends.

What a month it has been...lot's to update about.

First off, one of my friends went through something I wish and hope nobody our age has to experience, the death of a parent. This friend knew her father was ill, but he faded quickly and the Lord called him home. I cannot even imagine what it feels like to lose a parenet at this age. If you have time say a prayer for my friend that she is comforted during this time and that the Lord will give her a sense of peace and calmness knowing her father is no longer in any pain. Also pray for her strength to be able to handle all of the stages of grief and know that her friends are there for her ANY time she needs them.

We had the opportunity to spend a week with my parents and brother and his wife in Gulf Shores, Al. We have been going there for 4 years now and I hope thise Huey tradition continues. We stay at The Beach Club which is a large complex with 4 17 story condo towers, a dozen tennis courts, half a dozen pools, direct beach access, workout facilites, and you can even rent cottages, too! The week was perfect. The boys played golf a few days and the gals shopped and layed out. I now have a nice tan and travis does, too! At night we take turns cooking dinner so it was fun to get to cook in the kitchen with my hubs. My parents also had a professional photographer come and take family pictures. They turned out great and I can't wait to get our copies in the mail.

After we returned from our amazing week at the beach we had a wedding to attend in Waco. It was for a family friend that went to church with us. One of those families you go out to eat with every Sunday after work. The wedding was beautiful and Melissa was a stunning bride. I know she and Matt are going to have a wonderful life together. They are a wonderful Christian couple with their hearts on fire for the Lord.

This past weekend Travis headed down to Leakey, Texas to celebrate Blake Barry's last weekend of freedom (bachelor party). 15 boys rented a cabin on the Frio river and floated the river all weekend, cooked out, and played washers.

While he went of town I took the opportunity to visit my best friend, Erin, in Houston. We had an AMAZING weekend together filled with a workout, pedicure and manicure, shopping, and fabulous food and getting to meet her new friends AND see her new house in the prestigious River Oaks area of town.

And lastly, this coming weekend we are headed to Kerrville to celebrate the 30th birthday for Mr. Travis Roberson. He worked at Pulte with Travis and happened to be roommates with my brother in college...what a small world...so trav and i will be traveling to Kerrville with Trent and Kourtny. We cannot wait to see the Roberson family and other Baylor folks!

I'll update with pictures soon!

No comments: