Tuesday, March 27, 2012

How To Save A Life

4.0.

That's my GPA after completing my first quarter of nursing school.

I was accepted into the program last fall and started going full-time in January. I will have my RN in two years.

This has been a long time coming, and I feel so blessed and privileged to have the opportunity to go to school again and follow my dreams.

While I've only been in school for 3 months, I have loved every. Single. Second. I absolutely LOVE what I'm learning and interacting with patients.

I know I'm fulfilling God's plan for me and it feels so so good to be in this place.

I must say that I couldn't do ANY of this if it weren't for Travis' support. He's my sugar daddy for the next two years, but he is also so proud of me it nearly makes my heart burst with happiness. He's a wonderful supporter and encourager. I'm truly thankful for him as I know school will become more challenging.
First day of school


First day of clinicals. Yes, we wear all white. Yes, it's ugly and I look like a culinary student/marshmellow.


My other set of scrubs.


By the way, scrubs are so much more fun to wear than the former 'business appropriate' attire.

So, this is the reason the blog had taken the backseat the past few months.

What would YOU want to do if you could go back to school?

If you have a passion/dream for another career, I encourage you to pray about it because you never know what path He might lead you on.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work!

Kyle Davis

Jules said...

Yay!!! You're so smart... and cute in your scrubs! They look way better than business profesh, even if the white is awful!

That Pink Girl said...

You look so cute in your scrubs! And I'm soooooo happy you are able to follow your dream - you deserve all the happiness in the world!!!

Laura said...

4.0!!!! woo hoo, way to go!!!

Kyle and Marci said...

Nurse Nat!! 4.0!! Awesome :)

JBW said...

so proud of you!!! You're going to be the best nurse!