Friday, January 21, 2011

I Wanna Rock!


The first weekend in December is always reserved for the Dallas White Rock Marathon. Usually, my brother and I run the half with my dad, but this year neither of us stepped to the challenge so my sweet dad ran the race 'alone'.

Travis and I had been given tickets to a Dallas Stars game the evening before the race, so we took advantage of the situation and spent the night in the city!

We met my mom at mile 3 to look/cheer for dad and we got there and were able to see him breeze on by!

After mile 3 Travis was ready for some breakfast, so we drove by Krispy Kreme and T ordered himself a DOZEN donuts...he ate 5...yes, 5 sugary fried pieces of dough and the other 7 he passed out to runners! Can you believe we had people take him up on his crazy, yet hilarious offer? I believe it was around mile 8 that he was passing these out.

We then met my dad at the finish line where he finished the grueling 13.1 miles in below freezing temps in 2 hours 20 minutes! I think that's pretty incredible for a 61 year old. Way to go JimDaddy! Next year I will be back in the race and Travis even said he would run....

Posted by Picasa

No comments: