Wednesday, October 27, 2010

We'll Fling Our Green and Gold Afar

We ventured down to Waco last weekend to attend Baylor Homecoming with our friends. I love Homecoming more than anything. I've only missed 1 homecoming since I was born. I love all things about it: bonfire, Pigskin, parade, seeing friends, and the football game. I have so many great memories from Homecoming that I love going back and creating more!

Travis, Jeff McKenzie, and James Newman (holding Judson McKenzie) in front of their prize winning KOT float

Please note that is the only picture I took the entire weekend. I'm not sure why it's blurry here, oh well.

This also marked a very special game for our football team. This was game #6 and winning that sixth game made us eligible for our first bowl game since 1995!! You see, I bleed green and gold. It's true. Really.  I've been to every bowl game that Baylor has been to since I was born and Travis has never been. Baylor WON Saturday's game 47-42 vs. Kansas State. It was a nasty day outside. Travis and I only watched 93 seconds of the game due to a thunderstorm that came through and cause a nearly 2 hour rain delay. We were lucky enough to run into our good friends, Kyle and Marci, on our way to hide from the impending storm and they let us seek shelter in their Suburban during the lightning delay. Well, after waiting it our for almost 2 hours my hubs grew impatient and was ready to go (he doesn't yet bleed green and gold even though he went to Baylor) so I obliged and we headed out on the road.

I hated that we left early, but we didn't have ponchos and umbrellas are not allowed at the stadium, so we were better off listening in the truck as we drove back home. We had a great game offensively, but our defense is struggling. This Saturday we face Texas in Austin, but we actually have a shot at winning this game and IF we do our record will be 7-2. Go Bears Go!

Whatever bowl game Baylor gets invited to we will be there.

Sic 'Em Bears!

1 comment:

Kensie said...

We did the same thing, Natalie! Drove all that way for a two hour delay and cold, yucky rain! We listened on the way home and were glad to be home and in warm clothes! It would have been nice to see you!!