Friday, September 10, 2010

Kiss Me In The Dark

Back in June we bought tickets to attend the Margarita and Salsa Festival in Waco. These weren't your average tickets...these were the big VIP tickets and a night full of fun, food, drinks and excellent music provided by Wade Bowen, Randy Rogers Band, and the Eli Young Band. If you know my hubby then you'll know he's a little on the frugal side, so getting him to spring for the nicer tickets was a big deal.

Well, luck would have it that when it was time for the concert he was stuck in Chicago working a storm. I was sad that he wouldn't get to see some of our favorite people in Waco and miss out on a fun night and lose money from the ticket, but I wasn't going to let that stop me from going and having a good time. So, I made the solo trek down to Waco and my sweet friend Marci allowed me to tag along with her for the evening.

Even though the food wasn't great...or just not enough of the food...we still had a great time. We lucked out and our table was right next to a huge fan and we were kept cool the entire evening. Marci surprised me with a backstage pass and I actually got to meet all three bands! Thank you, Marci (and Kyle)!!

Eli Young Band

Randy Rogers Band

Wade Bowen


Pam and Marci


It was a wonderful evening and hopefully we will both be able to attend next year!

1 comment:

Miss Nikki's News said...

sweet friend, going through old pictures and I just found the pic of travis pet pig bacon that ran off...hahaha and my friends mandi and jason met at a randy rogers concert and we go backstage with wade and randy all the time. wade is playing after baylor tech game at the fair on the chevy main stage and we are working on it!!