Thursday, April 8, 2010

All in a days work

This past Monday I had the honor of accompanying my hubs to work. So
off we went to East Texas (Sulphur Springs). We had 5 houses to look
at, so our morning was booked.

The first house was a smaller one story with a fairly flat roof so I
climbed on up with hubs. I even got to help draw the roof and look for
damage. Go me!

The 2nd and 3rd houses were not that interesting so I stayed in the
truck and read my book. Side note: you have got to read Lone Survivor.
It's about a Navy SEAL being the only survivor through a terrible
fight in Afghanistan. It's a true story, too!

On to the 4th house we go. For my own safety and well being I opted to
stay in the truck. This place was a little bit sketchy. I mean,
several pit bulls tied up and angrily barking, lots of old car parts
and bikes rotting and rusting in the yard, a moldy double wide, and a purple ice
cream truck that had its windows knocked out. Scary. I locked the
doors when hubs got out and put my wedding rings in the console. I pretended to read my book, but was watching my surroundings. I even spotted a hammer in the pocket of the passenger door of hubs' truck and I was prepared to use it if necessary. I'm pretty sure there was gang paraphenalia on the property, too. We got in and out of there pretty quick! Safe and sound. phew.

The 5th house was back in DFW, McKinney. This was a larger home with an extremely tall and steep roof. I elected not to climb this one, but I did hold that ladder for hubs. You can see him below. He couldn't even walk on the roof, climbing only on this steep sucker.

Thanks hubs for putting your fear of heights aside for your career! You are loved and appreciated very much!

2 comments:

Laura said...

i love that you put your weddings rings in the glove compartment, haha! way to be prepared and on the look-out!

Kyle and Marci said...

Many, many times I would turn my ring around on my finger (I certainly didn't want to leave it in the truck.) Ah, just another day in the life of an adjuster!