Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I survived the Rock

Warning: lots of pictures below.

This weekend we ran the race. We all finished and are all here to talk about it now, but for a while I wasn't sure if I was going to make it. I was doing great until about mile 6 when I started cramping in both calves and could barely run. I could walk fine, but was not able to run at all. This means, I had to walk the last half of the race. not fun. at. all. I was ready to call it quits, but knew I couldn't if my 60 year old dad could run the entire 26.2 miles!

Here are some pictures from the weekend. They are in no particular order, as blogger would not let me move any pictures.


Post race lunch at Campisis

Congratulating Daddy on a job WELL done



Daddy crossing that finish line. The clock says 5:34, but it was really 5:20 due to the long time it took us to cross the starting line



Dad coming down the home stretch...almost there!
Team Jackie: this is a 23 year old former A&M student who was hit by a drunk driver and now suffering from permanent brain damage. A team formed in her honor and pushed her through the race!

INSPIRING: disabled athletes who won't let anything stop them!!!

Trent getting close to the finish line

Resting up the night before the race!









3 comments:

walkers said...

way to go girl! your dad is a stud, that is amazing!

Sharon said...

Way to go! I want to do that race some day. Just gotta get back to TX. I love that you guys do it as a family. I can't peel my family off the couch to do that stuff with me! They think I'm crazy :) What a fun tradition! Hope it continues for years!

Anonymous said...

Travis you are a wimp for not runnig. I wouldn't have run either!

Kyle Davis